Webinar: AttendaNCe Counts – What are NC School Districts Doing?
September is Attendance Awareness Month. Join us for a webinar on September 12 at 10 a.m. to hear the results of chronic absence self-assessment surveys completed by school districts across North Carolina. With help from the North Carolina School Superintendents Association, NCECF asked superintendents to assess their own districts’ attendance policies and practices. Half the districts in North Carolina replied to the survey.
In the webinar, we’ll explore the aggregated results of the survey and share bright spots from around the state that offer actionable steps districts can learn from to improve regular school attendance. School districts and community partners will gain knowledge about chronic absence in North Carolina and hear about local strategies to address local causes of chronic absence.
- Webinar Recording – AttendaNCe Counts: What North Carolina Schools Districts are Doing to Reduce Chronic Absence
- Webinar Presentation – AttendaNCe Counts: What North Carolina Schools Districts are Doing to Reduce Chronic Absence
- 2018 Chronic Absence Toolkit
- AttendaNCe Counts: Chronic Absence in North Carolina
- AttendaNCe Awareness Month Proclamation by NC Governor Roy Cooper