Webinar – NC CEOs Share Recommendations for NC Pre-K Funding
On January 17, SAS CEO, Dr. Jim Goodnight, and North Carolina business leaders will help with the release of a new report and recommendations on North Carolina’s funding structure for NC Pre-K to support the program’s expansion. The report is authored by National Institute for Early Education Research (NIEER).
PNC Financial Services and SAS commissioned NIEER to study local barriers to NC Pre-K expansion. In 2017, 44 counties declined new expansion funding, even though eligible children were not being served. Again, in 2018, 34 counties declined expansion funding. A key factor, NIEER determined through its statewide survey and analysis, is the way in which state funding for the program is structured.
The NIEER report outlines recommendations to modify the state’s approach to funding NC Pre-K. It supports previous recommendations to increase third-grade reading proficiency that were outlined in a report from the Business Roundtable released by this group of CEOs in 2017.
Join us for a webinar on January 22 at 1 PM with PNC Regional President Jim Hansen and NIEER Founder and Co-Director, Steve Barnett, to discuss the report’s findings and questions and ask questions.
- Barriers to Expansion of NC Pre-K: Problems and Potential Solutions (NIEER)
- Barriers to Expansion of NC Pre-K Executive Summary (NIEER)
- “Waiting Lists” – Undercounting Unmet Need (NIEER)
- Eligibility and Enrollment in NC Pre-K in 2018 (NIEER)
- Webinar – Presentation by Jim Hansen on NC Pre-K Barriers to Expansion
- Webinar – Steve Barnett of NIEER Presentation on NC Pre-K Barriers to Expansion
- Webinar Recording – NC CEOs Share Recommendations for NC Pre-K
- Evaluation of North Carolina Early Childhood Program among Middle School Students