Governor’s Commission on Access to Sound Basic Education
The Commission focuses on the critical importance of North Carolina meeting its duties under the state constitution as underscored by the landmark rulings in Leandro v. North Carolina and Hoke County Board of Education v. North Carolina.
The June 13th meeting will focus on early learning including a presentation from NCECF’s Executive Director, Tracy Zimmerman. Additional presenters include:
- Dr. Katie Rosanbalm, Research Scholar, Center for Child and Family Policy, Duke University
- Dr. Kelly Maxwell, Co-Director for Early Childhood Research, Child Trends
- Susan Perry-Manning, Deputy Secretary of Human Services, NC Department of Health and Human Services
- Cindy Watkins, President, North Carolina Partnership for Children
- John Pruette, Executive Director, Office of Early Learning, NC Department of Public Instruction