Early Learning in CCIP Submission: 2019-20 Update
This webinar walked through our guidance document, which highlights opportunities within CCIP to address early learning strategies and shares examples of specific strategies and language to consider. We also share updates based on the revisions to CCIP for 2019-20.
- Danielle Ewen, Senior Policy Advisor, Education Counsel
- Carla Garrett, Title I Preschool Consultant, Office of Early Learning, NC Department of Public Instruction
- Mandy Ableidinger, Policy & Practice Leader, NCECF
Other webinars and resources on coordinating and collaborating with your local early learning partners:
- Coordinating Local Early Learning Action Plans
- Developing or Improving your MOU among Early Learning Partners
The Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA), signed into law in December 2015, bolsters federal support for early learning and provides an opportunity to strengthen the birth-through-third grade continuum – a critical strategy to improve third grade reading proficiency. The Office of Early Learning and the NC Head Start Collaborative Office at the Department of Public Instruction have been partnering with the North Carolina Early Childhood Foundation (NCECF) to support LEAs and early childhood community leaders in collaborating to develop the early learning components of the LEA’s ESSA district plans.