Early Childhood Data Advisory Council Meeting
The NC Early Childhood Data Advisory Council (ECDAC) met virtually on September 15, 2021. See agenda items below:
- NC ECIDS Update: NCDHHS’ DCDEE provided an update on NC Early Childhood Integrated Data System (ECIDS) infrastructure, proposed changes to data refresh frequency, and Phase II timeline for selector revisions.
- DCDEE Data Update: DCDEE shared their plans to release a new public administrative data dashboard by the end of year, and COVID-19 Data Story that will document DCDEE’s data response to the pandemic in a downloadable report.
- DPI Office of Early Learning Data Update: NCDPI’s Office of Early Learning gave an update on the NC Early Learning Inventory (ELI) standards setting process being conducted in collaboration with Center for Education Measurement & Evaluation at UNC-Charlotte. Diverse stakeholders will be included in this process over the next year.
- Child Care Data Development Workgroup: NCECF provided a update on planning for two child care measures included in the data development strategy: 1) Children under age 6 receiving child care subsidies, disaggregated by race/ethnicity and income, and 2) Families paying 10 percent or less of their income on child care, disaggregated by race/ethnicity, income, and age of child.
- Other Updates and Discussion Items: NCDHHS shared updates to the COVID-19 NC Data Dashboard. Information was also shared on the use of ESSER funds for early childhood activities including a new resource: How Pandemic Relief for K-12 Education Can Support Early Childhood.
The ECDAC will meet again on December 15, 2021 @ 11:30am.
See meeting materials to the right under Related Resources.
The ECDAC meets quarterly and aims to:
- Improve quality and scope of early childhood data
- Advocate for agencies and organizations to align their work around the Pathways and ECAP measures
- Advocate for and facilitate better data sharing
- Provide guidance, feedback, and support to ground the state’s early childhood work in data and research
- Build partnerships with other existing data groups
- Serve as ambassadors for the ECAP, ECIDs, and the Pathways initiative