Early Childhood Data Advisory Council Meeting 3
The NC Early Childhood Data Advisory Council met on February 27 in Raleigh.
- Read a more detailed summary of the meeting here.
- All meeting materials are available under Related Resources to the right.
Members received updates on relevant early childhood data and policy initiatives, including:
- Preschool Development Grant (PDG)
- Early Childhood Integrated Data System (ECIDS)
- Educational Longitudinal Data System
- Early Childhood Action Plan data
- Census 2020
Council members received a high-level overview of the Child Development at Kindergarten Entry data workgroup recommendations, which will be released in March/April. The workgroup is recommending a measure or set of measures to capture children’s development at kindergarten entry at the population level. The recommendation will be used to inform the Pathways to Grade-Level Reading Measures of Success Framework, and the NC Early Childhood Action Plan.
Dan Tetreault with the Office of Early Learning at DPI also shared some upcoming changes to the Kindergarten Entry Assessment.
At the next Early Childhood Data Advisory Council meeting in April, Council members will prioritize two or three items from the data development strategy the Council created in 2019 to act on first.
The Early Childhood Data Advisory Council meets quarterly and aims to:
- Improve quality and scope of early childhood data
- Advocate for agencies and organizations to align their work around the Pathways and ECAP measures
- Advocate for and facilitate better data sharing
- Provide guidance, feedback, and support to ground the state’s early childhood work in data and research
- Build partnerships with other existing data groups
- Serve as ambassadors for the ECAP, ECIDs, and the Pathways initiative
- Presentation – Early Childhood Data Advisory Council February 2020 Meeting
- Early Childhood Data Advisory Council Meeting Agenda – February 2020
- Early Childhood Data Development Strategy
- Preschool Development Grant (PDG) Factsheet
- Early Childhood Integrated Data System (ECIDS) in the Preschool Development Grant (PDG) Fact Sheet
- Education Longitudinal Data System Factsheet
- Education Longitudinal Data System Overview
- NC School Works Data System Overview
- Counting Young Children in the 2020 Census Fact Sheet