2019 Pathways to Grade-Level Reading Stakeholder Meeting
One hundred Pathways Partners packed into a sold-out room at the offices of Blue Cross Blue Shield NC in Durham to think together about how to operationalize the Pathways to Grade-Level Reading Action Framework.
Attendees, representing government agencies, nonprofit organizations, the private sector, foundations, and research institutions:
- Grounded the conversation in racial equity, learning from and engaging with families as genuine partners in systems change, and taking a cross-sector, birth-through-age-eight approach to early literacy.
- Heard updates on early childhood data development work facilitated by Pathways in 2019.
- Learned about statewide initiatives to operationalize portions of the Action Framework, including building a comprehensive social-emotional health system for young children and co-creating a shared structure for listening to and learning from families.
- Shared their knowledge on what is already happening in NC on the Pathways Actions, including key players and barriers to moving forward.
- Heard from candidates in the 2020 race for NC state superintendent of public schools on how they could see NC moving forward on operationalizing the education system Actions in the Action Framework.
See the resource list at right to access:
- Meeting summary report and appendices
- Slideshow presentation
- Meeting materials
- State superintendent candidate biographies
- Pathways endorsing organizations and agencies
- Pathways 2019 Stakeholder Meeting Report
- Pathways 2019 Stakeholder Meeting Report – Appendices
- Pathways Stakeholder Meeting Agenda
- Pathways Stakeholder Meeting PowerPoint Presentation
- Pathways Endorsers
- Pathways Endorsement and Action Council Recommendations Card
- Pathways Action Mapping Activity Worksheet
- Education Panelist Biographies