North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) is looking for a Deputy Director of Engagement to serve on Medicaid’s leadership team to execute a cohesive engagement strategy for NC Medicaid. This role will build lasting and meaningful relationships with beneficiaries, stakeholders and partners within the community and tell our story in an appropriate and compelling way. This role establishes and maintains an active, highly visible, and deeply engaged presence to support beneficiaries who access publicly funded services.
The ideal candidate:
- is a self-directed strategic communications expert with a proven track of success in high-level stakeholder engagement and positioning an organization for impact;
- can establish effective communications vehicles to advance Medicaid’s strategic goals;
- has successfully used digital and non-digital strategies to engage members;
- has successfully implemented best practices to reach underrepresented populations;
- can leverage data to inform and continuously improve our engagement efforts;
- is highly organized, with a perfectionist streak for excellence in execution and follow-through;
- has a strong record as an implementer who thrives on managing a variety of key initiatives concurrently;
- has strong leadership skills to position communications discussion at strategic and tactical levels.
The link to the full job description can be found here.