Check out these great infographics from the Harvard Center on the Developing Child, all released in 2019:
- What are ACEs? And how to they relate to toxic stress?
- What is epigenetics? And how does it relate to child development?
- What is executive function? And how does it relate to child development?
- What can we do about toxic stress? From surviving to coping to resilience
See and share this 6-minute video for examples of diverse caregivers modeling the 5 steps of serve and return:
- Share the focus
- Support and encourage
- Name it
- Take turns, back and forth
- Practice endings and beginnings
Finally, a 3.5-minute video with a Black female narrator on how toxic stress affects us and what we can do about it.
The Harvard Center on the Developing Child aims to to drive science-based innovation that achieves breakthrough outcomes for children facing adversity.