The NC Department of Health and Human Services is seeking a visionary executive to lead the Division of Child Development and Early Education (DCDEE).
This position requires an active knowledge of the development and delivery of comprehensive early care and education services and the ability to direct strategic initiatives which address root causes of inequities in access, reduce barriers to services, and enrich systems that contribute to the well-being of young children and families across the state. The ideal candidate will demonstrate:
- strong knowledge of current law and policy, trends, and best practices in early care and education
- a commitment to working effectively with families, communities, policymakers, and stakeholders to achieve better outcomes for young children
- a deep understanding of the interdependencies between young children’s physical and behavioral health, safety and early learning
- a dedication to working within and contributing to integrated early childhood health, mental health, family strengthening, and early learning services delivery system
Required Education and Experience:
- Master’s degree in a discipline relative to the program, business, or public administration from an appropriately accredited institution and seven years of managerial or supervisory experience in a closely related programmatic area or
- An equivalent combination of education and experience
If this sounds like an exciting opportunity for you, click on the link here to view the full description and to submit your application.