The NC Early Childhood Foundation’s 2018 Impact Report is hot off the press. This year we have chronicled and celebrated not only 2018, but our first five years in business. Since 2013, in collaboration with many of you, NCECF has:
- Built bipartisan support for early learning. Since our first poll in 2014, there has been a 12% increase – to 86% – of NC registered voters’ support for expanding access to NC Pre-K and Smart Start.
- Engaged more than 1,000 employers and employees on the need for and value of family-friendly workplaces.
- Grown the number of NC Campaign for Grade-Level Reading communities from three to 14.
- Worked across sectors and the political aisle as well as with urban and rural communities and state leaders to create the NC Pathways to Grade-Level Reading Measures of Success and the Pathways Action Framework. The NC General Assembly has cited the Pathways initiative, calling for greater coordination across early learning agencies.
- Hosted 80 local school districts in workshops with state leaders to commit to include birth-to-eight strategies in their local Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA) plans.
- Worked closely with partners in 49 counties to provide support for lasting impact – through early initiatives such as the First 2000 Days, local financing and Pathways to Grade-Level Reading.
And so much more! So kick off your shoes, put your feet up and be inspired!