Business Leaders Discuss Opportunities of Family Friendly Workplaces
NCECF kicked off Family Forward NC at the Institute for Emerging Issues 2018 Forum – kidoNomiCs. Participants heard from a range of businesses about the benefits and challenges they face in offering family friendly policies that provide an economic advantage. Results of research from North Carolina businesses and employees were also presented.
Family Forward NC is an innovative business initiative to improve children’s health and well-being and keep North Carolina’s businesses competitive. Through research and the exchange of ideas among business leaders, employees and organizations, Family Forward NC is promoting workforce investments that support children’s healthy development and a competitive business environment, both in the short and long term.
On the NCECF YouTube channel Tracy Zimmerman, Executive Director of the NC Early Childhood Foundation, announces Family Forward NC, marking the 25th Anniversary of the Family and Medical Leave Act.
You can also see:
- Rich Neimand, President, Neimand Collaborative, reviews the results of research conducted in the fall of 2017 with 300 NC businesses of all sizes to determine who is implementing family-friendly policies, what policies they are implementing, and their rationale for doing so or not. The poll also surveyed 300 employees to better understand their needs and desires concerning family friendly workplace policies and practices.
- Business leaders discussed family friendly benefits in a competitive economy, sharing how these benefits help retain talent and keep their companies strong. Hear from:
- Napoleon Wallace, Deputy Secretary, NC Department of Commerce
- Sepideh Saidi, President & CEO, SEPI Engineering and Construction, Inc.
- Fara Palumbo, Chief People Officer for Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina
- Andrew Herdman, PhD, Vice President of Human Resources at Mayne Pharma
Family Forward NC is an initiative of the North Carolina Early Childhood Foundation with founding sponsorship from Blue Cross NC.
Family Forward NC – Business Smart. Family Friendly. Future Ready.