NC Poll Finds Major Bipartisan Support for Early Childhood Education
Use This Toolkit to Share the News!
For the first time in many years we have a statewide picture of what North Carolina voters think about early childhood education and development. It’s a fantastic story! Voters truly understand the importance of ensuring our children are prepared to succeed in school and want policymakers to take action on early learning at the state and national level. Majorities of Democrats, Republicans and Independents support investments in early childhood programs in the state – including expanding access to Smart Start, Pre-K, teacher training and home visiting programs.
By sharing this story in your communities, across your networks and throughout the state, we can start a new conversation about how high-quality early child development programs for children birth to eight create better education, health and economic outcomes for everyone in North Carolina.
Please use the tools below to:
- Tailor the press release template and submit it to your community newspapers.
- Recruit community champions to submit letters to the editor.
- Post infographics on your website and social media platforms – Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
- Share the results in your e-newsletters.
- Present the findings to your boards and community groups. Download the presentation and fact sheet.
- Brief your legislative representatives, county council members, mayors, school board members and other elected policymakers on the findings.