Public Comment Sought on North Carolina’s Child Care and Development Fund Block Grant Plan
Members of the public are invited to comment on North Carolina’s Child Care and Development Fund (CCDF) Block Grant Plan. The Plan describes how NC’s child care program will be administered by the NC Division of Child Development and Early Education (DCDEE) during the period of October 1, 2018 through September 30, 2021. The CCDF Block Grant is the major source of federal funds for DCDEE. These funds are used to provide child care assistance for families and to fund initiatives to improve and support the quality of child care in North Carolina.
- Subsidized child care services for more than 120,000 children each year
- Child care resource and referral services for families
- Increased education and compensation for child care teachers
- Technical assistance and training for child care providers
- Monitoring of child care programs
- North Carolina’s Star Rated License System for child care facilities
A Public Hearing to share NC’s proposed block grant plan will be held on Wednesday, May 16 from 10:00-12:00 p.m. at the Dorothea Dix Campus in the McBryde/Dix Grill Employment Center conference room, 1101 Cafeteria Drive, Raleigh, NC 27603. At this hearing DCDEE welcomes public attendance and comment on the CCDF Plan.
For those who cannot attend the meeting in person, written comments can be sent by the date of the hearing to firstname.lastname@example.org or by U.S. Mail (addressed to):